Bacteria, viruses, and fungi are the common reasons behind eye infections. You can become prone to them anywhere, as they are omnipresent. Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene helps to stay away from eye problems to a great extent. However, if you are infected, and having trouble seeing the things in your surroundings with clarity, the first thing you need to do is to consult an experienced Optometrist in Arcadia. It will help to ensure whether your vision is temporarily affected due to the infection, or you need the help of the best Ophthalmologist Arcadia immediately.
Conjunctivitis- Common Eye Infection
Let’s discuss one of the eye infections that need to be treated immediately:
Conjunctivitis, often referred to as ‘pink eyes’, is caused due to swelling of the conjunctiva. It might be caused due to seasonal allergies, insertion of a foreign body in the eyes, exposure to chemicals, irritation caused due to eye lenses, or bacterial or viral infection. Ophthalmia neonatorum is another type of conjunctivitis that occurs in infants exposed to chlamydia or gonorrhoea during their passage through the birth canal. Whatever might be the reason, it can have dreaded consequences. Therefore, one must seek the help of a professional Optometrist in Arcadia for lowering its harmful impacts.
Here are the signs and symptoms that indicate that you are suffering from Conjunctivitis and need your eyes check-up done by an experienced Ophthalmologist Arcadia to ensure that your eyes have no other complications that might lead to vision loss:
- The color of the eye(s) turns red or pink.
- Swelling or inflammation of eyes.
- Tears in eyes.
- Blurred vision in some cases.
- Pain, itching, burning sensation, and irritation.
- Excessive mucus discharge.
- Crusting of eyelashes while the eyes are at rest.
How Can You Protect Your Eyes From Further Damage?
- Don’t rub your eyes with dirty hands or clothes. Use clean tissues or wipes to clean tears and mucus gently.
- Remember, your eyes are tender, and they need proper care and protection in such a bad condition.
- Keep your hands clean, and don’t let anyone touch your eyes without sanitizing them properly.
- Don’t use shared eye makeup, towel, or eye drops, as it will not only aggravate your problem but also spread the infection.
- Don’t wear contact lenses.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun, wind, and dust.
There are different kinds of eye infections that are unignorable, and conjunctivitis is one of them. If you suspect any such condition then you must make no delay in visiting the best Optometrist in Arcadia. Acuity Optical is one such eye care center that provides easy access to experienced optometrists and ophthalmologist Arcadia. Get cured of eye infections by them.