May is healthy vision & blindness awareness month. It’s time to realize how important it is to protect our eyes from preventable blindness and keep them healthy always. As these are the sense organs, they need special care and attention. The best optometrists in Palm Desert can help slow down the damages caused due to aging, lifestyle disorders, accidental injuries, nutritional deficiency, injury, or any other kind of disorder. In case the situation is unmanageable for the optometrist, the next step will be to consult an experienced ophthalmologist in Palm Desert for ensuring advanced care.
What Should You Do to Ensure Healthy Vision?
Today, we are living in a digital era, and all of us use mobile phones and laptops that emit harmful blue lights and cause digital fatigue. Some even start complaining of headaches and blurred vision. We can change our lifestyle to avoid preventable blindness.
Here are some more tips to keep your eyes healthy:
1. Have a Good Diet: Follow healthy food habits and eat the right diet to solve the problems caused due to nutritional deficiency. Eating a healthy diet keeps the doctor away. Therefore, you must include Omega-3 fatty acids (especially DHA), vitamins, beta-carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin, lycopene, and curcumin in your food. You can have seasonal fruits, vegetables, and salads, such as broccoli, spinach, watermelon, nuts, etc. Also, keep the body hydrated.
2. Provide Rest to Your Eyes: Our eyes keep on working continuously just after you get awake in the morning. Just imagine, when your legs feel tired, you try to sit down. Don’t your eyes need rest? All you need to do is to blink your eyes frequently and close them for at least ten minutes whenever your eyes start feeling fatigued.
3. Get Your Eyes Checked Frequently: Visiting the team of optometrists Palm Desert can help to get rid of common eye problems. They can recommend you visit the best ophthalmologist Palm Desert, if required.
4. Maintain Hygiene: Eyes must not be touched with dirty hands and must not be exposed to dust and allergic substances, as it might put them at risk of infection or other kinds of ailments.
5. Wear Sunglasses: it’s necessary to keep the eyes protected against UV rays, intense sunlight, glare, dust, wind, and pollutants.
6. Don’t Smoke: It is beneficial to quit smoking because tobacco is injurious to health in many ways. It’s harmful to eye health as well.
7. Avoid Working In Poor Light: eyes get stained when you read or work in poor light. This practice must be avoided.
8. Remove Contact Lens Before Sleeping: Many people wear contact lenses, as they don’t want to hide the beauty of their eyes. However, it is necessary to ensure that you avoid using them while sleeping, or while going out in the dust, because they might cause more harm to your eyes instead of helping vision correction.
The eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of the body. You can keep them protected with the help of the best optometrists Palm Desert and the top ophthalmologist Palm Desert, and you can access them easily at Acuity Optical. You can also follow healthy practices to protect your eyes from unwanted complexities.